Feed and Lead originated in 2016 when I started getting serious about making a career out of pet sitting and dog walking. These years have been the best of my life, and I take a lot of pride in what I do. I make sure your pets are as happy as possible when you are not around.
In 2020 I moved to Richmond and brought the business to the Tasman and Nelson region. I have always kept the same principals. As an animal lover, I know how important it is to have someone trustworthy, reliable and knowledge looking after your pets, as it’s what I want for my own. I find it stressful leaving my pets in someone else’s hands, so I take pleasure in knowing I am treating your pet how I would like mine to be treated. To make sure I am as qualified as possible I made sure to take every opportunity available to me to educate myself in the care of pets. I have obtained the following qualifications:
- Level 2 National Certificate in Animal Care : Obtained April 2017
- Certified Professional Pet Sitter through Pet Sitters International (A course where I learned extensively about the care of all kinds of pets).
- Received certification in Pet First Aid through Pet First Aid & Training NZ
- Became an SPCA volunteer in the animal therapy department (2016)
- Obtained my own police records so that clients may see that I have absolutely no criminal background for their piece of mind.
I've helped clients train their puppies, provided mid-day dog walks for people working long hours, as well as fed and played with pets while their owners are away. Every day I am eager to get out there and start seeing my clients. When I am on an assignment that animal gets my full undivided attention. Every animal is treated different based on their needs and abilities, from dogs that need a strenuous bush walk, puppies that need training, pets that need comfort after surgery, cats that need space and kittens that need loads of play. Whatever your individual pet needs, I will do my best to provide.
Diane (Owner / Operator)
Level 2 National Certificate in Animal Care - Obtained April 2017
Certified Professional Pet Sitter with Pet Sitter International - Obtained July 2016
Certified in pet first aid (Pet first aid & training NZ)
Obtained April 2016
Volunteer SPCA- animal therapy since April 2016